I. Course Objectives
This Management Skill Training program aims to equip participants with the knowledge and tools they need to inspire positive action and excellence in others.
- It guides them to bring the best in others for a more productive, efficient, and profitable team
II. Learning Outcomes
The program also helps learners lay the foundation of organizational growth through developing others and inspiring them. The program focuses on enhancing learners’ skills in the below fields:
- Leading & managing others
- Self & time management
- Communication & Influence.
- Coaching skills.
- Team building.
- A clear understanding of the attributes of an effective manager.
- An insight into your current leadership and influencing style, and helpful tools for identifying areas for ongoing development.
- An awareness of the traps and pitfalls that can lead to management failure, and the strategies for avoiding them.
- Through interactive exercises, you will gain a clearer understanding of how to manage individuals, groups, and tasks, more effectively.
- Enhanced communication and time management skills.
- A set of practical skills, and useful information to draw on, for maximum achievement in the workplace.
III. Course Content
Topics Covered Include:
- Get your staff on ‘The Road to High Performance.
- What Do Managers Do?
- How To Get Your Staff On ‘The Road to High Performance.
- Eight Reasons for Failure as A Manager.
- The Management Wheel
- The Functions and Responsibilities of Management
- Key Management Tasks and Competencies
- Being A Proactive Manager
- ‘Managing’ Vs ‘Doing’ – What Is the Difference?
- Understanding The Concept of Competencies.
- Management Theories.
- The functions and responsibilities of management.
- Key management tasks and competencies.
- Why is good communication important?
- How does a message flow?
- How do we communicate in business?
- Assessment – analysis of time spent using different communication methods.
- Barriers to good communication
- Overcoming the barriers to effective communication
- Using questioning techniques
- The active listener
- Communication media & information richness
- Effective corporate communication
- Importance of body language – non-verbal communication.
- Supportive & corrective feedback.
- Guidelines for giving & receiving feedback.
- Some helpful strategies for giving feedback.
- Key rules for effective communication.
- Hindering & helping behaviours for effective communication.